Tuesday, January 6, 2009

2009...REALLY? Where has the time gone. It seems just like yesterday that everyone was worried about what would happen at the stroke of midnight 2000. Back then I had just turned 25, had just started my first teaching job and my life was all about planning our wedding that was coming up in July. Now here we are, 9 years later, and I am creating this blog to journal my life as a mother to my two little wonderful children. I really wish I had done this since the beginning of us deciding to start a family because it's been such a long difficult journey to get to where we are today. I look back today at all of the years passed trying for these babies, the tears, stress, anger, excitement, heartbreak, worry and not to mention lots of money it took to get us to where we are today. It wasn't the ideal way to get here but it was what God planned for us. I can say that it was worth every tear, every grey hair, every penny that it cost us to have the two little miracles in our lives.



A brief description of us to catch you up:



Gabrielle... She is magical, she really is. I really think she is going to become something great in life. She was born on a Tuesday, June 27th, 2006. She was only 5.6 pounds and 17 ". She was nearly a month early after a long, difficult and emotional pregnancy. She was the only one born living that day. Her twin sisters passed earlier in the pregnancy but remained with her until that day. She was and still is the most beautiful little girl I'd ever laid my eyes on. I was finally a mommy to this perfect being..it was all so surreal. That seems like just yesterday and here we are today and our little girl is 2 1/2. She has her moments but overall is such a sweet little girl and I wouldn't trade her for the world. Right now we are in the process of potty training which some days is wonderful and some days not so much. I am not sure she is 100% ready. She loves being outside and reading books. I have never seen a child so obsessed with reading. She has recently decided she likes to color and play with playdoh which is stressful to mommy. These are just more things that she leaves laying around and for her brother to eat!! She really is a joy to be around and we are so blessed to have her in our lives.



Zachary...our newest little miracle. He was actually conceived the same day as his sisters but wasn't mature enough so they froze him. We knew he would be a boy since they said the words this one isn't quite mature enough so we will have to watch and see if it develops. We found out what we already knew on November 8, 2007 when the sonogram confirmed he was indeed a boy. Anyways, he was frozen on November 2nd, 2005. He remained frozen until July 19, 2007. Two weeks later we were in the middle of beta hell and not sure what would come of him. He overcame the odds and was born on his due date, April 4th, 2008. He was 8 pounds 12 ounces and 21" long. He is now almost as big as his older sister at 9 months. He is such an amazing little man and truly a joy to be around. He is so happy and almost always has a smile on his face...that is until I bring the camera out then the smile disappears??? He is on the fast track compared to his sister who did things pretty much right on schedule. He gave his first smile 5 weeks, first laugh at 8, rolled over both ways at 3 months and he started sitting unassisted 4 months almost to the day. He got his first tooth right after that and now has 8. He started crawling at 6 months exactly, pulling up right after that and started standing all on his own consistently at 8 months. He attempted his first step two days ago but fell but I don't think it will be long. I just can't believe how this little embryo that wasn't mature enough to transfer the first time is surpassing those that were. It is just so much fun to be with him everyday and wonder what new he will do today. He loves his sister and it is so much fun to watch them play together. He loves to crawl around and get into anything he possibly can. He puts EVERYTHING into his mouth. To this day we have found pieces of carpet...this is his favorite past time to pull little strands out of the carpet, a light bulb from the Christmas tree, a leaf, something I have yet to still figure out what it was but it chocked him and made him throw up, a silicone pack from a shoe, Gabbie's hair ties, a fake potato from Gabbie's kitchen, a wad of playdoh, lots of pieces of books, broken crayons, stuffing from a dog toy and on many occasions dog food. I don't know what his deal is!!! I know babies put things in their mouth but he is excessive. Sometimes I wonder if I'm not feeding him enough!!! ?? He is so much fun and has been such a wonderful addition to our family.



Me... well after 7 years of teaching and coaching I quit to take care of my family. I never could imagine myself as a stay at home mom before all of this. I had worked my whole life at least one job since I was 15. I am a very independent person and hate relying on others but we felt that it would be best for our family and we could afford to do it so now that's my job. It's the hardest job I've ever had but very rewarding. I'm very grateful that Thom has a job that allows me to stay home because now that I'm a mother I couldn't imagine not staying home with them. It was a good decision for us. I plan to return to the work force one day but for now I'm enjoying raising my babies that I've waited so long to have.



Thom...he works for Texas Tech. He is a PharmD and teaches the future pharmacists. He also works for a pediatrician and treats diabetic patients there. He really loves teaching and is good at it. The kids seem to love him as he was voted preceptor of the year last year. He is about to have his first publishing come out this year.



So that is us in a nutshell...the Parker Posse.

2 comments:

Musings of a Momma said...

why can't i figure out how to add music?? love the new blog

BJ Gates said...

Love it! It sounded just like you were describing Ryan! What's up with boys "eating" everything in sight???